Please read the following guidance about the re-opening of Abbotts Ann Play Areas and Skatepark on 4th July 2020.
From 4th July 2020 Abbotts Ann Play Areas and Skatepark are re-opened in line with government guidance relating to COVID-19. A Risk Assessment has been carried out by Abbotts Ann Parish Council.
- Do not use these facilities if you or anyone from your family have any signs or symptoms of coronavirus.
- All users of the facilities should ensure they comply with COVID-19 Secure guidelines to help avoid risks of transmission.
- Users should take particular care to wash their hands before leaving home and after their return and avoid touching their face.
- Children should be supervised carefully to maintain good hygiene.
- Please think twice about using the facilities if the site looks busy or consider returning at another time.
- Users are required to follow current social distancing guidelines at all times.
- You use these facilities at your own risk.
Please continue to comply with government guidelines as follows:
You should not:
- gather outdoors in a group of more than six people from different households; gatherings larger than 6 should only take place if everyone is from just two households.
- Gatherings of more than 30 people will be prohibited, apart from some limited circumstances to be set out in law.
There are two play areas with various equipment within Abbotts Ann Parish. One at the War Memorial Village Hall and one on the Bulbery Sportsfield which also includes skate ramp equipment.
We kindly ask that young children are supervised by an adult whilst using the equipment.
With the exception of Bulbery Sportsfield, dogs are excluded from the play areas. In the interests of public hygiene, please keep dogs away from the equipment at Bulbery.
Regular inspections are carried out on the play equipment to ensure there are no obvious defects or issues, such as litter, bird fouling or loose bolts.
Should there appear to be any defect to the equipment or the surrounding areas at the War Memorial Hall or Bulbery please contact the Parish Council.
An annual safety inspection report is carried out on the equipment at War Memorial Hall and Bulbery by an independent body. A pdf version of the report can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.